The raging tempest, howling winds.
Somewhere overhead, the shatter of glass.
Gloom, despair, loneliness, it brings,
Tilting the- and breaking- blooming table vase.
Ferocious sounds, bringer of sands,
Forcing people both within and out.
Carrying the vicious melody of some faraway lands,
Birds helplessly- their homes-scout.
And the blast beruffled hair,
Sticks, rogue leaves, and stones and grains,
Stripping tall trees, leaving them bare.
Creating high and low sandstorms in the plains.
And the grey high ceiling, dark and overcast,
Today hangs low and without
The usual gaiety, bright yellow blast,
Turns paler like suffering from a fever bout.
And suddenly the clouds scatter to give
The adamant first ray of sun.
Inching slyly towards all those who live:
Slowly at first, then quick as a gun.
And the winds settle calm and cool,
Silence that lends from the eye of storm.
Everything a nature’s joke-mean and cruel,
No one wonders where it originated from.
The birds befriend the winds and they
Find their way happily.
Everyone without finds a reason to stay,
A spasm of nervousness and then laughter hysterically.
The nature mocks and scolds and waves,
And shows the one in control, in such horrendous gales.
No one survives- not a coward, nor a brave,
When nature takes, in his hands. the sails.
So here goes the RULES of this challenge:
- Open an MS Word document
- Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
My nominees for this awesome challenge are:
I can nominate quite a few more but then let me stop it here, else I would keep on typing till tomorrow. So guys get your stop watch and MS word ready before you start.
My topic was :Pets.
Pets are something I’ve never had or have been fortunate to have. They are, I think, like family and are best teachers who aren’t humans. I recently read a book titled Marley and Me, by John Grogan about a dog named Marley who plays a huge role in the family, that consists of a couple, and their three children and how the dog affected them and made them who they are.
I have yearning for and begging for a dog for the past six months. Having a pet and specifically a dog is a great experience. Dogs are majestic creatures, and they are something we can learn a lot from. They are extremely loyal, beautiful enchanting creatures with absolutely no brains and wagging tongues (just kidding!). I used to very afraid from dos and I still am, but I am really trying to get over this fear by adopting one.
Whenever I ask for a pet dog, beg by sitting on the ground, the answer is a simple “NO.” And I get all kinds of excuses for not having one. “Apartments are too small for dogs.” “They do A LOT of shit, and knowing you, it won’t be cleaned.” “You have just one year and then you’ll go. Eho take care of it?” And the best one, “I already have two dogs, don’t need a third one too!”
And these are just the reasons mom gives me.
And to say of that, my mom, actually the one who gives these excuses cried when she watched Marley die in the movie, adapted from the above mentioned book. Even though I tried to make her see reason, she doesn’t budge. She’s adamant that she won’t buy one soon.
No of words : 288
Timer set : 10 minutes
Mistakes : A lot of punctuation, grammar, typo’s etc
The topic for the nominees are: Grandparents.
Best of luck! Hope to see your works soon. Enjoy!